Kissing Gate Vote – RPRA Support Option 2 or 3

Dear Resident,

You will have received a letter by post or on the Portal from First Port inviting you to vote on usage of the Kissing Gates to the Avenue.

You are given three choices:-

  1. To allow the current position to continue whereby residents of the Avenue are allowed unrestricted free access and use of Repton Park grounds.
  2. Allow access to residents of the Avenue providing they contribute proportionately to the service charges of the grounds as do Repton Park residents.
  3. To stop access completely in the interest of security and that there is no right of access for residents of the Avenue.

The RPRA supports either 2 or 3 as the best options in the interest of fairness and keeping Repton Park secure and a private estate.

RPRA Committee

Robert Whitton

Chair

Repton Park Residents Association

Read More

Ultrafast Broadband on Repton Park – A survey from the Repton Park Residents Association

Ultrafast Broadband on Repton Park – A survey from the Repton Park Residents Association

The covid pandemic has meant that many of us on Repton Park have worked from home during large parts of 2020. The increased demand on broadband services has identified problems for many.  Additionally, there are more streaming video services (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney + et al) that require a large bandwidth, particularly if you want to avoid low resolution and regular pauses for buffering. Parents with families have many demands with children being the biggest bandwidth users as they spend more and more time online.

During the last few years Openreach the main UK network provider has been rolling out plans for Ultrafast (up to 1GBs) broadband services by extending the fibre network from the fibre enabled cabinets to individual premises.  The service is known as Fibre to the Premise (FTTP) and it connects individual properties with an optical fibre rather than a pair of copper wires.  One of the main problems with copper broadband is that the further you are away from the cabinet then the slower the speed you will receive.  This is not the case with an optical connection, the Ultrafast speeds will be available to every property on the development.  There is a single fibre cabinet on Repton Park and it is located on Clarence Gate opposite Chapel Mews.  If you live a long way from Chapel Mews then the speed of your broadband will be reduced.  The maximum speed available with traditional Copper broadband is typically 80Mb/s.  If you are lucky enough to get 80MB/s then that might well satisfy your needs at least in the short-term.  The reality is that we live in a digital age and our dependence on fast connectivity to the internet, our streaming TV services, online gaming, our workplace in the hybrid working arrangements now emerging as the lockdown ends, will inevitably demand ever increasing speed.

Repton Park was late in getting Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services and we are not on the schedule to have our services updated to Ultrafast broadband services any time soon.  The RPRA was instrumental in bringing FTTC services to Repton Park back in 2016 by lobbying, chasing and escalating our case through Openreach, our local counsellors and our MP.

The RPRA has looked into the possible options to get FTTP services on Repton Park sooner rather than later and the best two options are a Community Fibre Partnership with Openreach or a Project with Hyperoptic.  At this stage preliminary enquiries have been made and in the next few weeks we should be able to find out how viable a solution is for Repton Park residents and an indication of any fees that may be necessary as well as any funding that might be available.  Repton Park does not have any telegraph poles and all the current copper cables are in underground ducts.  It is usually straightforward to pull new fibre cables through those ducts so that the all properties that currently have copper supplied services can move to fibre. There is usually space in the ducts for both cables to lay so the upgrade from fibre to copper can be done on a property by property basis.

In order to go with either Openreach or Hyperoptic it will be essential to assess the likely interest of residents for Ultrafast broadband services on the development.  The main difference between the two is that Openreach just provide the infrastructure and residents would be free to choose any of the Broadband Service providers like BT, Sky, Talk-Talk et al.  Hyperoptic provide both the infrastructure and offer services. Speed/price options can be found here https://hyperoptic.com

The survey on the following page is needed to asses interest and completion is not a specific commitment to taking any particular service, however, it will indicate the likelihood of residents to take up the service.

 

Repton park Residents Association – Broadband Survey 2021

In order to assess the interest in Ultrafast Broadband services on Repton Park, the RPRA is conducting a survey of resident’s current experience with broadband and any requirements for Ultrafast broadband.  Please complete the attached and either return a scanned copy to alanrkelly@aol.com or drop off the paper copy at the Gatehouse marked RPRA Private Mailbox.

Name: Title: Email:
Address:
Are you the Owner of the property or a tenant?  Owner/Tenant
Do you currently have a Broadband service to your property?  Yes/No
Who is your Broadband Provider?
If known, please indicate your typical speeds: Download:_______MBs, Upload:_______MBs
Would you sign up for Ultrafast Broadband if it was available at a reasonable cost?  Yes/No
Are you registered with the RPRA? Yes/No.  If no please join up at www.reptonpark.org and click on RPRA, Register Membership and complete the online form. Your registration will help the RPRA represent your interests on the development.
Please add any other comments:

 

 

 

 

If Ultrafast broadband was available then there will be a range of service providers and download speeds to select from, even if the installation is completed by Openreach.  Most existing Broadband providers (excluding Virgin and Hyperoptic) use the existing Openreach Network to serve their customers.  Virgin broadband services are not available on Repton Park and depending on the interest Hyperoptic may be prepared to offer their range of services.

Once interest in Ultrafast Broadband has been assessed by means of the return of this survey, I will work with Openreach and Hyperoptic and others to identify the costs, timescales and possible funding sources.  There will be no commitment at this initial stage and no decision will be made until the picture is clearer and I will then provide further updates.

Many thanks for taking the time to complete and return this survey.

Alan Kelly

Secretary Repton Park Resident’s Association

24 March 2021

Ultrafast Broadband on Repton Park March 2021[1]

Read More

Section 20 Notice for major repairs issued by First Port – URGENT Message from the RPRA Chair

Dear Resident,

Section 20 Notice for major repairs issued by First Port.

All residents of the apartment blocks should have all received a letter from First Port regarding the proposed major works.

The letter was dated 24 December 2021 but was we assume sent on 24 December 2020.

It is the first notice of the intention to undertake external decorations that were postponed last year due to the pandemic.

You are invited to make any observation on the works by 27th January.

The letter is attached for ease and you can access the works specification on the First Port website, and we have also placed it here on the Repton Park Residents Association website.

Yours sincerely,

Robert Whitton

Chairman

RPRA

Specification-External-Re-decorations

YPO-Copy-1st-Notice-39908-Ext-redecorations

 

 

Read More

NOTICE OF THE REPTON PARK RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING Thursday 15th October 2020

To All RPRA Members and Owners,

Notice is give that the REPTON PARK RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2020 will be held on Microsoft Teams by the Officers of the Association only and by proxy vote of a minimum of 20 Members due to the Covid 19 restrictions on social meetings imposed by Government directives, to be held on;

Thursday 15th October 2020 at 8:00 pm

RPRA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2020[3] copy 2

 

 

Read More

First Port – Residents and Tenants Registering on Pharos

Dear All,

Please take the time to read the attached bulletins from First Port regarding registering on the Pharos system.

You are urged to register as you will receive great benefits from the system regarding parcel delivery, communications, key management and the owners guide.

It is straightforward and easy to register, and we are aiming to get every resident and tenant to subscribe as it will help everybody on the development enormously and assist with our attempts to improve security at Repton Park.

Thank you.

2020-01-29 Registration on Pharos & YPO Reminder

2020-04-07 Pharos, Friendly Reminder & Thank You

YPO2 Poster NC option_05

 

 

Read More

Garden & Box Caterpillar Issue Letter – First Port

Please note the following Gardening letter from First Port regarding the annual issue that occurs on the development caused by Box Caterpillar which destroys Buxus plants on the development.

It has been noted by several of our neighbours already, so please report any issues that you identify on plants and hedges on Repton Park, and notify First Port immediately.

Thank you.

2020-05-20 Garden & Box Caterpillar Letter

 

 

Read More

Claybury A Special Character Appraisal – A Fascinating History – Redbridge Borough Council

Please find attached a truly fascinating and insightful report about the history of Clayhall, and especially Repton Park, compiled by Redbridge Borough Council.

If you ever wished to learn more about Repton Park, this wonderful historic site that we all love and enjoy, then please take some time to read this excellent publication.

It is extremely interesting.

claybury-character-appraisal[4]

 

 

Read More

URGENT – Change of Use Gym – Decision

Hi All,

I suspect that most you will now be aware that yesterday afternoon we discovered that the landlord of the Virgin Active gym “Withdrew” their Change of Use Application, which for many residents and users of the leisure facility will be highly welcomed news!

I wish to extend our gratitude to all of the residents who joined us for the photoshoot on Saturday, as all present did their level best to maintain social distancing whilst posing for the camera, and for your fantastic efforts during the last week.

A huge thank you too to the members of the RPRA who threw themselves into a range of urgent actions to support our friends and neighbours, and to Howard Berlin and Paul Canal – Redbridge Borough councillors who were tremendously supportive and gave us highly valuable expert advice.

Lastly, we wish to thank the many members of the gym and our residents’ families and friends who also rallied around and provided their voices and endeavours to this cause.

Thank you again to you all – a great community effort.

I spoke at great length to the Property Manager of Virgin Active on Monday who was emphatic that they wish to open for business as soon as they are allowed to, and I also discussed the possibility of providing residents with membership opportunities.

She assured me that she would be pleased to enter into further discussions once the furlough/lock down period ends.

Of course, we do not know at this stage whether we may have other similar challenges ahead regarding the gym usage, but for now at least, we can step back from this issue and hope that we will be able to use the Virgin facilities again very soon.

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Paul Jacobs

Chair

Repton Park Residents Association

 

 

Read More

We Need Banners made URGENTLY – Change of Use Virgin Gym

Hi,

We need to make banners to be placed at the Gatehouse, on the front railings Manor Road and on the railings of the Virgin Active gym, to state:

SAVE THE GYM AND SWIMMING POOL!

Please write to Redbridge Borough Council and OBJECT to the Change of Use Notice to convert the Virgin Active gym to offices.

Say NO!

Please DO IT NOW!

Online planning service – Application details (1197/20)

We need your help please!

Can you urgently make large banners – on a sheet or fabric? Please let us know.

We do not have much time available.

Thank you.

Contact: info@reptonpark.org

 

Read More

A Big Thank You! Photo Shoot – Save the Gym

IMG_0498 IMG_0499 IMG_0500 IMG_0501

A huge thank you to everybody who attended this morning’s’ photo shoot outside Virgin Active to protest and object against the Change of Use Notice that has been submitted to Redbridge Borough Council to convert the building from a gym to offices.

Please let everybody know who wish to Object that they need to follow the link below and post their comments.

On the first page towards the bottom of the form you will see the title “Comment” and next to it “Comment on this Application”.

Click on “Comment on this Application” and it will take you to a page headed “New Representation.”

Fill in the fields and you will then see a drop down box that states “Nature of Response” and choose ‘Object” or “In Support”. Then fill in your comments in the Response Text and press Submit.

You have a limited timeframe to submit your views regarding this important issue for Repton Park, so I would urge you to reply to the London Borough of Redbridge urgently with your vote for “Object” or “In Support”.

Here is the link again.

http://planning.redbridge.gov.uk/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=1197/20&backURL=%253Ca%2520href%253Dwphappcriteria.display%253FpaSearchKey%253D3377025%253ESearch%2520Criteria%253C%252Fa%253E%20%3E%20%3Ca%20href%3D%27wphappsearchres.displayResultsURL%3FResultID%3D124900269%2526StartIndex%3D1%2526SortOrder%3Drgndat%3Adesc%2526DispResultsAs%3DWPHAPPSEARCHRES%2526BackURL%3D%253Ca%2520href%253Dwphappcriteria.display%253FpaSearchKey%253D3377025%253ESearch%2520Criteria%253C%252Fa%253E%27%3ESearch%20Results%3C%2Fa%3E

Read More

URGENT – Photo Shoot 11am Saturday 15th May for Protest against Change of Use Virgin Active Gym

Dear Residents,

At 11am on Saturday 16th May, we are inviting you to join all concerned residents who wish to object to the Planning Notice seeking change of use for the Virgin Active gym building becoming office premises, to meet outside the Landmark Tower for a photo.

This will be used in a press release to be submitted to the Ilford Recorder.

Clearly, we will be adhering to social distancing for the photo shoot.

So again, please join us tomorrow at 11am outside the gym, your support is needed.

Thank you.

 

 

Read More

Urgent – Virgin Gym Planning Notice – Object or Support

Following yesterday’s Post regarding the Change of Use Application for the Virgin Active building to be changed from a gym to office, if you wish to Object or Support this change, then please be advised to click on the link below, and on the first page towards the bottom of the form you will see the title “Comment” and next to it “Comment on this Application”.

Click on “Comment on this Application” and it will take you to a page headed “New Representation.”

Fill in the fields and you will then see a drop down box that states “Nature of Response” and choose ‘Object” or “In Support”. Then fill in your comments in the Response Text and press Submit.

You have a limited timeframe to submit your views regarding this important issue for Repton Park, so I would urge you to reply to the London Borough of Redbridge urgently with your vote for “Object” or “In Support”.

Here is the link again.

http://planning.redbridge.gov.uk/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=1197/20&backURL=%253Ca%2520href%253Dwphappcriteria.display%253FpaSearchKey%253D3377025%253ESearch%2520Criteria%253C%252Fa%253E%20%3E%20%3Ca%20href%3D%27wphappsearchres.displayResultsURL%3FResultID%3D124900269%2526StartIndex%3D1%2526SortOrder%3Drgndat%3Adesc%2526DispResultsAs%3DWPHAPPSEARCHRES%2526BackURL%3D%253Ca%2520href%253Dwphappcriteria.display%253FpaSearchKey%253D3377025%253ESearch%2520Criteria%253C%252Fa%253E%27%3ESearch%20Results%3C%2Fa%3E

 

 

Read More

Virgin Gym Planning Notice

Hi,

Many residents will have now noticed that there is a Planning Notice attached to the front gates of the Landmark Tower stating that an Application has been made to Redbridge Borough Council to seek a change of use from Gym to Office for the Virgin building.

You can view the Planning Application details by clicking on this link

http://planning.redbridge.gov.uk/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=1197/20&backURL=%253Ca%2520href%253Dwphappcriteria.display%253FpaSearchKey%253D3377025%253ESearch%2520Criteria%253C%252Fa%253E%20%3E%20%3Ca%20href%3D%27wphappsearchres.displayResultsURL%3FResultID%3D124900269%2526StartIndex%3D1%2526SortOrder%3Drgndat%3Adesc%2526DispResultsAs%3DWPHAPPSEARCHRES%2526BackURL%3D%253Ca%2520href%253Dwphappcriteria.display%253FpaSearchKey%253D3377025%253ESearch%2520Criteria%253C%252Fa%253E%27%3ESearch%20Results%3C%2Fa%3E

The RPRA only found out about this application yesterday evening, and last night and today we have been attempting to gather more information.

Matthew Snelling Development Manager informed us today that “This has not been brought to my attention, however I have just written to the freeholder of the building and asked for their feedback and any other information in relation to this.”

He is also contacting First Port’s legal division.

Several residents have informed us that allegedly Virgin Active have stated that the planning application has been made by their landlord without their consent, and without their knowledge.

Apparently, they are contesting this Application through their solicitors to have it withdrawn.

At this stage, we have no other information to pass to you, but as we gather more details I will write again.

We will also be writing to you very shortly to gain your views about this matter, and ask whether you object or favour the change of usage.

Thank you.

 

Read More

Crime Awareness – First Port

Please note the following email from Matthew Snelling Development Manager following two recent criminal incidents in Repton Park.

It is is vital that we all remain vigilant and continue to be on alert regarding anything suspicious related to potential security issues, for you and your neighbours.

The attached note provides sound advice regarding security and we ask you to read it and act upon its’ directions if an incident occurs.

Thank you.

Crime Awareness Repton Park Residents

Read More

RPRA Request re: Social Distancing in Repton Park

The RPRA wish to continue to advise all of our friends and neighbours to abide by the Social Distancing rules provided by the Government during these difficult and challenging times.

We live within a beautiful environment, and are very fortunate to be able to enjoy the park and surrounding woodlands, but we are still obliged to exercise extreme caution when we exercise each day, due to the continuing dangers of the virulant spread of Coronavirus.

We must do all that we can to avoid a spread of this awful virus within our community.

For the avoidance of doubt, please click on this link to read the complete guidance notes published by the Government.

  • Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home)
  • If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times
  • Wash your hands as soon as you get home

Do not meet others, even friends or family.

You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults

Thank you for your compliance with these rules, which are extremely difficult for us all, but they are there to protect us, our families, friends and neighbours.

Please keep safe and well folks.

 

Read More

Thames Water – Customer Guarantee Scheme (CGS) Refund available to Repton Park residents

I received the following information below from our neighbour Steve Simpson, who has asked me to inform other residents that you are due a rebate from Thames Water if you apply!

Please read below – and thank you Steve!

Hello Paul,

I thought I would pass on this reply to you for the benefit of all residents of Repton Park.

 It took a little while but thanks to Brian Lindsay (the Secretary) in the minutes my claim has been successful.

I have passed this information on to several other people in Repton and some others have also claimed refund monies.

I  still do not fully understand it but anyway we have all been over-charged.

I asked about the 6 year only time limit and the attached letter explains it all!!! I THINK.

Also they were so long dealing with the initial response and follow requests for an answer that today they have also sent me compensation- A RESULT!!

I hope this will help all residents in Repton and give them something to do to pass a few minutes.

Just go to the Thames Water website and fill in the form.

Even I found it easy.

Best Wishes

Steve Simpson


From: customer.help@thameswater.co.uk <customer.help@thameswater.co.uk>
Thames Water
Customer Resolution
PO Box 436
Swindon
SN38 1TU

Telephone:  08457 200897
Fax:  01793 424291
Email: Customer.Feedback@thameswater.co.uk

Surface water drainage.

Customer Guarantee Scheme (CGS)

We try to provide a high quality of service to all our customers. To support this, we have a Customer Guarantee Scheme (CGS) which allows for fixed payments to be made for specified failures of service.

Our CGS scheme is an outline of when we’ll make payments to our customers where we’ve failed to meet certain standards of service. The minimum standards we must adhere to are set by our Regulator, Ofwat, under the Guaranteed Standards Scheme (GSS), and our CGS scheme goes above this level, as we believe the service we give to our customers should be above the minimum level required.

As we’ve failed to respond to your complaints within our promised ten working days timescale, I’ve passed this over to our CGS team to look into. They’ll confirm the outcome in writing to you, once the credit has been applied to your account. This usually takes up to ten working days, however with the current situation we are short staffed and it may take a little longer.

Surface Water Drainage (SWD)

We first started offering a reduction for homes that have no surface water connection from 1 April 2000.  Before then SWD was built into the overall wastewater charge and everyone who paid a wastewater bill contributed to the cost regardless of the arrangements at their own homes.  This doesn’t mean any customer was overcharged – all customers benefit from surface water drainage as it reduces the risk of rainwater damage caused by flooding.

Before privatisation in 1989 the water industry didn’t keep records of surface water drainage connections. So although there are plans of the locations of all surface water and combined sewer systems, they don’t include the connection status of every individual property.

Because of this the water industry regulator Ofwat agreed that it should be up to the customer to claim a rebate. They also agreed that any rebate granted should start from the beginning of the billing period or financial year in which the claim was received, whichever was the earlier. Therefore, since introducing the SWD rebate in April 2000 we’ve included information about it in our bills and in our charges leaflets, and also on our website. Information on whether you are billed for SWD is printed on the sides of our bills.

How rebates are applied

Since 2000 we’ve made some changes to the way we apply SWD rebates.

  • For properties built before 2001 we still apply rebates from the beginning of the billing period or financial year in which the customer applies.
  • For properties built after 2001, we apply the rebate from the date the account was set up, up to a maximum of six years. This is in line with Ofwat’s 2007 best practice guidelines about whether a water company could reasonably be expected to have known a property was not connected for SWD.

In 2017, we became more proactive when we receive a new application for a rebate where there is no connection to a combined or surface water sewer.  Before applying the rebate, we’ll look at all the other properties with the same postcode to see if any of them were given a rebate in earlier years.  If any property has one, we will:

  • Backdate the new applicant’s rebate to the same date (or the start of their account if later) up to a maximum of six years if the property was built after 2001.
  • Write to the other homes that don’t have a rebate and invite the customers living there to apply.
  • It is still the customer’s responsibility to apply for the SWD rebate

The six year rule is set out in the Water Industry Act 1991, along with the Limitations Act 1980. This has also been upheld by Ofwat who have expressed that if a water company could ‘reasonably’ have known that a property’s surface water did not enter the sewerage system, then they will backdate for 6 years in line with UK law on statute limits. Because of this we wont be giving you a further rebate.

 

Read More

Repton Park Residents Association Achieve Formal Accreditation from FirstPort Limited

The Committee of the RPRA are delighted to inform you that following a year of pursuing formal accreditation, today we received an email from FirstPort Limited confirming that the Repton Park Residents Association has been approved and formally recognised as representing the owners of properties at Repton Park.

It has been a long journey to gain this formal recognition, and I should like to thank Frank Rabin, the Treasurer of the RPRA for his persistence and diligence in obtaining this important recognition for the residents association, alongside all of our outstanding colleagues and neighbours on the RPRA who have supported him and his efforts.

We shall continue to use our best endeavours to secure the best possible service levels from First Port on behalf of all owners and residents of Repton Park as we move forward.
Paul Jacobs
Chair
For and on behalf of the Repton Park Residents Association
Read More

Important Announcement from First Port regarding Major Works to Leasehold Buildings

Following several emails from the RPRA to First Port and a recent conference call with First Port’s Development Manager, Regional Manager and Surveying Manager, stressing our views on behalf of leaseholders that Major Works should be delayed until 2021 in view of the Coronavirus pandemic, I received a call from the Regional Manager this week.

The email below from First Port’s Regional Manager summarises the update conveyed to me, and makes the statement that Internal Works will be delayed until 2021, and with regard to External Major Works, “it is highly likely that these works will start in March/April 2021.”

During our conversation it was made clear to me by the Regional Manager that First Port have, given all of the prevailing circumstances, accepted that External Works will almost certainly have to take place in Spring 2021, as it is conceded that it will be virtually impossible to complete the tender works and then commence and complete external works during the warmer and drier months this year.

I am conveying to you the email in full below which is self-explanatory.

Clearly, these Major Works are essential, and leaseholders should still make financial provision for these costs, but it is now extremely likely that the costs will not be incurred until next year, which I am sure will be of great relief and news to you all.

First Port email from Regional Manager regarding Major Works 9th April 2020

Read More

Urgent Letter to FirstPort 22nd March 2020 re: Major Works – Coronavirus Crisis

URGENT

22nd March 2020

Major Works – Coronavirus Crisis

Contingency Plans

Dear Robert, Cihan and Matthew,

During the last few weeks, the world, and the nature of our everyday existence and routines have changed beyond imagination.

At present, it is extremely difficult to predict when some semblance of normality will return, and we can slowly start to rebuild our personal and business lives.

Many people are already experiencing financial hardship having lost their livelihoods recently, and of course the very real fear is that we may witness a huge surge in unemployment running into millions if this pandemic continues over a prolonged period of time.

In relation to the impending Major Works, we now face challenges that we could not have predicted on a range of levels.

We have all agreed that Major Works needs to happen this year, in the Spring/Summer, as it was delayed from last year, and the buildings, certainly externally, need to be attended to and renovated.

Our concern is that the financial impact of the Coronavirus will certainly impact the majority of residents and owners of Repton Park, many of whom will need to use their hard-earned savings for living expenses and will already be budgeting accordingly.

If, (and I will come back to this point) the Major Works does occur this year, how do FirstPort plan to recover the costs/charges from owners, when it is already clear that they may no longer have the cash reserves to utilise?

Have you already discussed this matter within FirstPort?

Are you considering deferring payments to 2021 to enable residents to cope, and even then, giving people an option to pay the charges over a period of time to negate the impact via monthly/quarterly payments?

If you intend to recover the charges in a large lump payment, I think that it is fair to predict that this will be enormously problematic, as although a minority of people may be able to pay in full, many, many more people will not be able to pay if the current pandemic continues for a long time.

If the Major Works are deferred until 2021, can the terms/costs be agreed with the nominated contractors now, and locked in for next year?

To my earlier point, there is also now a clear issue about accessibility to decorate the buildings externally and internally, due to people having to isolate/lockdown, and further the workers and craftsmen themselves may not be allowed to work or prefer not to expose themselves to potential contamination.

You can certainly push the non-critical and internals back at the very least, which will spread the costs over a longer period of time as an option.

FirstPort can also immediately identify and extract the critical items from the current prepared schedule of works, and there is no reason why the tendering contractors cannot still price the works, assuming the situation permits.

You can progress with the tenders and obtain prices, so even when you contract any items that are then decided not to progress this year, they can simply be omitted from the contract.

These are extraordinary times.

We have always recognised and accepted the need to progress Major Works this year, but nobody could have predicted current events.

I can tell you that the vast majority of residents/owners will strongly wish to defer the Major Works until 2021 under the prevailing circumstances.

In view of the global pandemic, we believe that FirstPort should be suspending all Major Works and reviewing the situation in 3 months at the very least, guided by Government advice.

There is no urgent need for Major Works to be carried out straight away, they cannot be viewed as “essential”.

We all need to be mindful that the next 3 to 6 months is going to be demanding on each of us in a wide range of ways.

Since the Second World War, the UK has never experienced anything as concerning or threatening to our personal and national welfare and health, and the pressure and burden of a huge financial commitment will be detrimental to our residents/owners good mental well-being and financial security.

Therefore, we are keen to have a conference call with FirstPort to discuss this matter, as the residents will be coming under enormous financial hardship and will struggle to pay for these works this year, plus the further issue of contractors’ ability to do the work, health and safety regarding potential virus contamination, and the timing and cost of the schedule of works.

Can you prepare a schedule of minimum work for our discussion with you please.

Please respond and set out your initial response, and as stated on behalf of the residents, we would like to set up an urgent conference call with you.

Kind regards,

Paul Jacobs

Chair

For and on behalf of the Repton Park Residents Association

 

Read More

Helping our Repton Park Community during the Coronavirus

Helping our Repton Park Community during the Coronavirus

During these unprecedented times, please spare a thought for our most vulnerable neighbours and friends and ensure that you seek to assist them.

Please keep a vigilant eye on your most vulnerable neighbours and make sure they are safe and secure, but avoid coming into direct contact, keeping at least 2 metres in distance.

Use modern technology to speak to them – Skype, Zoom, WhatsApp, and of course use FaceTime and make a phone call. Or just knock on their door, and talk through the door, but please keep that safe distance.

Be careful please.

If you can do some shopping or errands for them, please help, but leave the shopping on their doorsteps, do not enter their homes, especially if they are self-isolating.

We also have a new Facebook group page:-

Friends of Repton Park

There is also a Linkedin Group:-

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/10527594/

Please join these Groups and use them to communicate safely with each other.

We are very fortunate to live in a park, and if you are using our beautiful open spaces for exercise, please ensure you keep a safe distance from each other, at least 2 metres minimum.

Please do not allow your children to get close to others or their pets during this time.

We are all now acutely aware of the seriousness of the pandemic and with the fast-evolving nature of the epidemic, we must all keep safe and healthy.

Please read the Government links below for further advice:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/874281/COVID-19_easy_read.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/874011/Stay_at_home_guidance_diagram.pdf

Government Advice

Symptoms

The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:

  • new continuous cough and/or
  • high temperature

For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.

Main messages

  • if you live alone and you have symptoms of coronavirus illness (COVID-19), however mild, stay at home for 7 daysfrom when your symptoms started. (The ending isolation section below has more information)
  • if you live with others and you are the first in the household to have symptoms of coronavirus, then you must stay at home for 7 days, but all other household members who remain well must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill. See the explanatory diagram
  • for anyone else in the household who starts displaying symptoms, they need to stay at home for 7 days from when the symptoms appeared, regardless of what day they are on in the original 14 day isolation period. The ending isolationsection below has more information, and see the explanatory diagram
  • it is likely that people living within a household will infect each other or be infected already. Staying at home for 14 days will greatly reduce the overall amount of infection the household could pass on to others in the community
  • if you can, move any vulnerable individuals (such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions) out of your home, to stay with friends or family for the duration of the home isolation period
  • if you cannot move vulnerable people out of your home, stay away from them as much as possible
  • if you have coronavirus symptoms:
    • do notgo to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital
    • you do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home
    • testing for coronavirus is not needed if you’re staying at home
  • plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home and consider what can be done for vulnerable people in the household
  • ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home
  • wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water, or use hand sanitiser
  • if you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home, or your condition gets worse, or your symptoms do not get better after 7 days, then use the NHS 111 onlinecoronavirus service. If you do not have internet access, call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999

Who this guidance is for

This advice is intended for:

  • people with symptoms that may be caused by coronavirus, and do not require hospital treatment, who must remain at home until they are well
  • those living in households with someone who shows symptoms that may be caused by coronavirus

Social Distancing

Current government advice is for everyone to try and stop unnecessary contact with other people – ‘social distancing’. This includes:

  • working from home where possible
  • avoiding busy commuting times on public transport
  • avoiding gatherings of people, whether in public, at work or at home

Employers should support their workforce to take these steps. This might include:

  • agreeing to more flexible ways of working, for example changing start and finish times to avoid busier commuting times
  • allowing staff to work from home wherever possible
  • cancelling face-to-face events and meetings and rearranging to remote calling where possible, for example using video or conference calling technology

Vulnerable people

The government has issued guidance that strongly advises people who are at a higher risk of catching coronavirus (‘vulnerable people’) to take strict social distancing measures.

Employers must be especially careful and take extra steps for anyone in their workforce who is in a vulnerable group. They include, but are not limited to, those who:

  • have a long-term health condition, for example asthma, diabetes or heart disease, or a weakened immune system as the result of medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
  • are pregnant
  • are aged 70 or over
  • care for someone with a health condition that might put them at a greater risk

Find out more about social distancing and vulnerable people on GOV.UK.

 

 

Read More

February 2020 Newsletter

Please click on link below to see the RPRA February 2020 Newsletter.

We would welcome comments and, as requested in the Newsletter, anyone who wishes to help, please contact us.

This content is for members only. You must log in to view this content.

 

 

Read More

Notes of RPRA Annual General Meeting 16th November 2021

Notes of RPRA AGM 16 November 2021 by MS Teams commencing 20:00

Present:

Chairman – Robert Whitton

Secretary – Alan Kelly

Treasurer (Interim) – David Ashley

Committee Members: Dave Madden, Nichola Candler, Olga Gavrilenco

Total RPRA Committee, Members & Proxies: 25 Members

FirstPort Development Manager – Paul Foggin

Given that there were at least 20 committee, general members and proxies the meeting was quorate and could proceed under the rules of the RPRA Constitution.

Summary Notes of Discussions

  1. To approve the minutes of the last AGM (14th October 2020). There were no objections and the minutes were approved by unanimous agreement
  2. The Chairman provided his Report verbally and promised to add a written version to the new RPRA Website which is approaching finalisation. He explained that it had been a difficult year impacted by both the pandemic and an under resourced committee.  He thanked the committee for their dedication and efforts during the year and indicated that the committee were functional even under resourced.  He explained that the RPRA have been working closely with FirstPort, the Managing agent and since the appointment of the new Development Manager, relationships have improved. Significant achievements during the year were extensive savings on the major works undertaken, improvements in the general appearance of the grounds and an agreement to secure the development by additional fences on Regents Drive.
  3. The Interim Treasurer indicated that he had not been able to produce formal accounts for the year, however, the current balances were:
    • Current A/C £2535.84
    • Savings A/C £10,014.87

There followed a discussion on how the accounts could be completed if no volunteer from the community was forthcoming.  There were two options: The Chairman agreed to use his company accountant to produce the statements or the Committee could appoint and pay for a professional accountancy service.  The Committee to consider at next Committee Meeting

  1. RPRA committee nominations
    • No new nominations received
    • All existing committee appointed
    • There followed a discussion on how additional people could be encouraged to join the RPRA Committee. Members that had joined the AGM were asked to consider joining the committee or helping in an area where they had some expertise and/or interest.  It was agreed that if a representative from each of the apartment blocks could be found this would be particularly beneficial.  More use needs to be made of the RPRA Notice Board near the post box on Clarence Gate.
  2. Proposals submitted to the RPRA Secretary, in writing, and received no less than seven days in advance of the meeting:
    • Ultrafast Broadband on Repton Park – Alan Kelly provided an update on the status of the current project. He explained that the Openreach Community Fibre Project was very inflexible and once initiated no new addresses could be added.  The current cost of £22,367 would need to be shared amongst those in the 63 properties that expressed an interest initially.  Several were no longer interested at £355 per household and this price would increase for those that wanted the service.  He suggested starting over and getting all 411 properties on the development included within a new project and pay for the cost through a service charge supplement over two years.  There would be no commitment to proceed until the costs were established and we could seek agreement by a vote from the community as a whole whether to proceed or not.  There was a general agreement from those present that expressed a point of view and Alan agreed to proceed on this basis.
    • Little Free Library – Hannah Kosuge introduced the concept of establishing a Little Free Library https://littlefreelibrary.org that could be introduced to share books among the community. Suitable “Book Holder(s)” could be either be built or purchased to store books securely and keep them dry, residents would be asked to store unwanted books in turn for the opportunity to borrow other books.  It would need a couple of volunteers to ensure that only material suitable for sharing was included and to keep the books clean and tidy.  She offered to help.  The idea was welcomed and will be taken forward.
    • Obtain a Community Defibrillator – Hannah Kosuge introduced the subject by explaining a case where a community defibrillator had saved a life. She is a trauma nurse and could help train any volunteers that might offer support.  There were concerns regarding the both the location of the device and how it could be requested in an emergency.  There was some support for the idea and the Gatehouse was considered the best location.  Hannah to follow up.
    • Provide Dog Poo bags around the development – Hannah Kosuge explained the idea to have three dog poo dispensers, one on/near the Cricket Green and the others on both sides of the development. Bags to be provided by owners.  Paul Foggin agreed to action the installation of 3 Dog Poo Bag dispensers.
    • Establish a Dog Safe Area for dogs off leash – Hannah Kosuge explained the rationale that would allow dogs to be off lead and allow for dogs and dog owners to socialise in a fenced off area. This turned out to be a very controversial subject.  The gist of the argument against was that no property owners would want to have such an area near their property and there were suggestions that it would not be in the best interest of dogs who could spread disease and get into fights. Those in favour saw only the benefits and believed if they could find an area where there would be no objections, then the proposal should be agreed in principle.  There was no agreement to proceed, however, those in favour will consider their options.
    • There were several items proposed by a resident, however he was not at the meeting to introduce his proposals. They included: Progress on Roads, Litter on the development, Risks of flooding and condition/capacity of existing drains, Lack of community events, and the emphasis on Major Works being only related to apartment blocks.
    • There were some further queries raised not previously advised: Work on roads will be pushed back now until Spring 2022.  There was further discussion on the fencing on Regents Drive.  Agreement has been reached with representatives of The Manor Resident’s Association to erect a metal fence on both sides if Regents Drive leading down to the entrance to The Manor.  This will prevent unauthorised access onto the development from Claybury Woods.  The plans are currently with Redbridge Council for the required planning permission.  The cost of the fence will be shared between The Manor and Repton Park and be paid out of service charges.  There was a question on the internal painting of the apartment blocks.  Paul Foggin advised that Tavistock House was completed, Kensington, Wentworth and Sutherland House were underway and other blocks will follow.  There were also queries about how the costs were being paid for with apparent different approaches for the different blocks.  Paul Foggin agreed to look into this matter and advise residents.
  1. Closing remarks – Robert Whitton thanked all for their attendance and participation. The meeting closed at 21:30 hours.

Alan Kelly – Secretary, RPRA

17th November 2021

Read More

Ultrafast Broadband on Repton Park – Update November 2021

Ultrafast Broadband on Repton Park – Update November 2021

All I have received a confirmation from Openreach and summarise these as follows: –

  • The confirmed cost for the installation work is £22,367 and this needs to be funded 50% up front and 50% on completion of the work.
  • There is no government funding available to us as our location is considered Urban
  • Only the 63 properties in the original proposal are included. There is no flexibility to substitute or add any further properties.
  • The cost is £355 per property (£22.367/63) based upon all 63 properties making a contractual commitment.
  • The contractual commitment would need to be with either the Residents Association or the Management Company (FirstPort).
  • If any that have expressed an interest are not prepared to commit contractually, the cost per property will increase for the remaining properties.
  • Those within the 63 addresses that withdraw at this stage can benefit with full-fibre services after the installation is completed at no additional cost.
  • I have 3 withdrawals so far from those that have responded. These 3 withdrawals alone will increase the cost to £372 for the 60 remaining properties, if the remaining 60 make a commitment.
  • So far, after much chasing up, I have 20 confirmations and I’ve still to hear from more than half of the 63 that expressed an initial interest.

A few people have suggested we initiate another project to connect all properties on the development and pay for the installation via our service charges.  In my opinion this would require: –

  • Widespread communication of the proposal
  • A majority of owners to agree to the approach
  • New costing figures from Openreach

There will be some people keen on this approach and some people against the proposal and probably a great majority that are sufficiently indifferent to not respond.  If we go down this path it may become a divisive issue and it would be important to be open and transparent to minimise any resulting problems.  We all need to bear in mind, there are some services that all residents/owners pay for in the service charges that we don’t necessarily believe we either need or benefit from.  For the Schedule 1 charges, these may include services like security, grounds maintenance, concierge services depending on where we live on the development and personal opinions on what is important.  In the apartment blocks there are charges for window cleaning, communal area cleaning amongst other charges that you have no choice other than to pay.

My current thinking is:

  • Withdraw from the current proposal at no cost
  • Initiate a new project based upon 411 properties on the development
  • Provide all 411 property addresses to Openreach
  • Get firm costs from Openreach for the installation
  • Call for a vote on the project with all Owners that pay the services charges having one vote per property they own
  • The benefits and costs to be explained as transparently as possible
  • If we have a simple majority in favour of those that vote then continue or if not cancel at no cost
  • Assuming we have a majority then FirstPort contract with Openreach on behalf of the RPRA and all Owners and pay deposit and final bill on completion
  • All Owners pay via service charge in one year or two if the project runs over two service charge periods i.e. deposit in one-year balance on completion the next year
  • Once installation is complete all owners/residents can order the broadband service they want from their preferred broadband provider

I will introduce the topic at the RPRA AGM on 16th November 2021 and see what reactions I get.

Alan Kelly – Secretary, RPRA

8th November 2021

Read More

Minutes of Repton Park Residents Association Committee Meeting 14 September 2021 via MS Teams Video Conference commencing 7:45 pm

 PresentRobert Whitton – Chair, Alan Kelly – Secretary, Fraser Cohen, David Ashley, Nicky Candler, Dave Madden

Paul Foggin, FirstPort Development Manager was in attendance for the first part of the meeting.

The following Agenda was used: –

  • Update from FirstPort – Paul Foggin
  • Update from Treasurer
  • Updates from sub-groups
  • AOB
  • Next Meeting

FirstPort Updates

Paul Foggin provided updates as follows:

  • Several trees are ‘unwell’ and potentially may fall. These include the two remaining Willow Trees on Clarence Gate and a large tree next to the nursery. Applications have been made to Redbridge Council to pull down those considered unsafe.
  • Hedges at the top of the underground car parks have had the ‘safe wire’ moved to the correct place.
  • Roadworks – Top of Clarence Gate is the priority, however, a retender is necessary after contractor pulled out as they were not prepared to be compliant with FirstPort’s T&Cs. PF to advise reasons
  • There were discussions on the proposed fencing on Regents Drive to secure the development from free access from Claybury Woods. Meeting with The Manor Residents Association is scheduled for 23 Sept 2021.
  • External works on the blocks is ongoing: Tavistock House nearly finished, Wentworth & Sutherland Houses just starting. Weather is causing delays and the work may overrun, however, price is fixed and only repair work will need extra funding
  • Some blocks require new door entry systems and some fire doors may need to be upgraded.
  • There was a report of a disturbance at Aundle House and security have been asked to monitor.

Paul Foggin left the meeting

The notes of the previous meeting on 14th July were agreed

Treasurer Update – David Ashley

David Ashley has collected information from the previous Treasurer and reiterated that he did not feel qualified to fulfil the role.  Alan agreed to ask for a volunteer via the Facebook group recently established.

Marketing & Website Update – Fraser Cohen

Fraser reported that only Alan & Robert had responded to the proposed new website design and others encouraged to review and comment.  A meeting with the designer is being arranged.  Fraser stated the aim was to represent what residents wanted and try to make it interactive and this was a challenge.  The existing website is not easy to manage.  All Committee to review and send requirements and ideas to Fraser.

A board with a QR code is proposed that residents can scan at the barrier to take them to a registration page for the RPRA.

A Firework display would still be desirable but it’s too late to organise now.

Could we do something else like a Christmas Festival? Dave Madden to ask if Karen Philips could take on.

Security Update – David Ashley

Already addressed during Paul Foggin’s update.

AOB

  • The RPRA Committee remain short of resources.
  • The AGM need to be organised for October/November 2021. It was agreed to hold an MS Teams meeting rather than a face-to-face meeting.

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be the AGM.

Alan Kelly – Secretary, RPRA

14thSeptember 2021

Read More

Minutes of Repton Park Residents Association Committee Meeting 14 July 2021 via MS Teams Video Conference commencing 7:45 pm

Minutes of Repton Park Residents Association Committee Meeting 14 July 2021 via MS Teams Video Conference commencing 7:45 pm

PresentRobert Whitton – Chair, Alan Kelly – Secretary, Paul Jacobs, Fraser Cohen, David Ashley, Elaine Tabi, Nicky Candler, Dave Madden, Olga Gavrilenco,

Paul Foggin, FirstPort Development Manager was in attendance for the first part of the meeting.

Non-Attendance – Karen Phillips did not attend and is assumed to have left the committee.  Paul Foggin from FirstPort was unavailable and sent apologies

The following Agenda was used: –

  • Appointment of Treasurer
  • Formation of sub-groups and Representatives
  • Gate between Repton Park & The Avenue
  • AOB
  • Next Meeting

Appointment of Treasurer

There were no volunteers and neither the Chair or Secretary could hold another position.  David Ashley was persuaded to consider the role and speak with the former treasurer Frank Rabin.

Formation of Sub-Groups

The following sub groups and membership were agreed: –

  • Marketing, Website & Communications – Fraser Cohen to lead with support from Nicky and Paul.  The intention was to ensure better communications between the RPRA and residents which is essential if the RPRA is to be successful with various initiatives planned.  There was some frustration regarding the communications circulated by some residents for an “Off-Lead” dog area, supported by Paul Foggin, that the RPRA had already considered and dismissed as impractical.
  • Security – David Ashley to Lead with support from Alan, Elaine and Paul. The open access from Claybury Woods onto Regents Drive was an initial priority.  A meeting with representatives from the Manor has already been held and a proposal to have two metal fences to secure Repton Park are being considered.  Apparently, the Police were called to deal with a disturbance at The Landmark Tower on the Boulevard within the last week. There appeared to be a party organised by “Airbnb” people staying at the Tower and some 12-14 cars were turned away.  Robert agreed to take the situation up with FirstPort.
  • Grounds – Dave Madden to lead with support from Elaine. It was recognised that Dave had facilitated many improvements in the grounds during the last year and was encouraged to keep up the good work.  The areas above the Car Parks adjacent to the gym were good examples of improvements.  Elaine expressed particular concerns over the area outside her apartment and Dave Madden suggested she take photographs as these seem to be one of the drivers that FirstPort respond to.

Gate between Repton Park & The Avenue

The vote on the “Kissing Gate” has not been well managed with many residents not receiving the survey form.  FirstPort have recently hand delivered the form to all properties on the development.  The closing date for the return of the survey has been extended until 25th July 2021.

Apparently, it appears that the gate has been deliberately left open and the lock need replacing and a proper closing mechanism needs to be installed so that it closes fully automatically.

There has been no indication how the vote is going with the majority of the RPRA encouraging Option 2 or 3.  Alan reported there were several comments in support of Option 1 (leave as is) being expressed on the RPRA Facebook Group.

AOB

Road works on the development are estimated to cost £500,000 but this is below the threshold to trigger a Section 20 notification.

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be planned for early September 2021.  Paul agreed to see if we could use the Convent as per the pre-pandemic preferred location for RPRA meetings.

 

The meeting closed at 9:18pm.

Alan Kelly – Secretary, RPRA

24th July 2021

Read More

Minutes of Repton Park Residents Association Committee Meeting 7th May 2021 via MS Teams commencing 7:30 pm

Minutes of Repton Park Residents Association Committee Meeting 7th May 2021 via MS Teams commencing 7:30 pm

Present Robert Whitton – Chair, Alan Kelly – Secretary, Paul Jacobs, Fraser Cohen, David Ashley, Dave Madden, Olga Gavrilenco. Nicky Candler – Guest

Non-Attendance – Karen Phillips, Elaine Tabi (tried to join, however, had technical difficulties)

Nicky was introduced to the Committee and is prepared to join the committee. She explained she had lived on the development in Rosebury Square for 17 years and had witnessed some deteriorating changes in the development over that time. The committee voted and unanimously elected Nicky to the RPRA Committee.

This was an ad hoc meeting called to discuss the Gate between Repton Park & The Avenue

Discussion on Gate between Clarence Gate and The Avenue.
Background: There had been a number of complaints from residents to Committee members concerning people entering via the gate at the top of Clarence Gate into Repton Park and causing a nuisance with dogs left off lead, not clearing dog faeces or clearing up after having a picnic

It was confirmed that residents from The Avenue make no contribution to the cost of maintaining the grounds nor the security. FirstPort put a notice on the gate of the intention to change the locks and stop access. The decision was clearly unpopular with some Repton Park residents and The Avenue Residents Association.

The committee were advised that the RPRA Chair and Secretary would meet with the Chair and Secretary of The Avenue Residents Association, along with Paul Foggin and try to try and find a reasonable compromise.

It was agreed that we would apply the following principles: –

  • We would seek an acknowledgement that if residents of The Avenue want the full use of Repton Park facilities then they should contribute to the cost
  • We needed to improve security by changing all the locks and ensure that FirstPort maintain a record of key holders
  • We should act in a neighbourly way in reaching an agreement

Alan Kelly – Secretary, RPRA

7th May 2021

Read More

Minutes of the Repton Park Residents Association held on Tuesday 23rd March 2021 via Teams Video Conference at 7.30 pm

Minutes of the Repton Park Residents Association held on Tuesday 23rd March 2021 via Teams Video Conference at 7.30 pm

Present – Robert Whitton – Chair, Paul Jacobs – Secretary, Dave Madden, Fraser Cohen, David Ashley, Olga Gavrilenco, Elaine Tabi, Alan Kelly

Apologies for Non-Attendance – Karen Phillips, Frank Rabin – Treasurer

Paul Foggin- FirstPort PF Provided an update on the progress of various topics, namely: –

Street Lighting – Circa 70 ‘Warm White” LED lights are to be deployed around the development at an approximate annual saving of £3.5k in electricity.  Frosted lenses are being fitted to the circa 130 bollard lights on the development and these should reduce the glare currently being experienced.

Roads – Phase 3 of the roadworks will focus on poor surfaces around the development (Rosebury Square, Tavistock House et al and add a zebra crossing at the Pavilion Nursery.  AK pointed out that the surface on Regents Drive (~30m from Clarence Gate) also needs attention.

Dogs – Dogs not on leads continues to be a concern.  FP have sent out various communications on the matter.  Various options were considered.  Need people to sign up to YPO for ease of contact, OG agreed to action.  A message to be added to the Notice Board.  It was agreed that no special lead-free area would be established as it would probably result in further problems.

Speeding – Additional 20mph signs and “sleeping policemen” have been added on Clarence Gate and Regents Drive.  The speed monitor needs attention.

Major Works – Tenders have been sent to RPRA Chair & Secretary and comments made by Luke are being dealt with.

Gardens & Grounds – Grass cutting has commenced.  Hazel fence on Regents Drive to hide logs & chippings is under construction.  DM asked that when doors are fitted they are generally kept closed.  Work on car parks to be started this week along with shrub planting.  Tree works at Aundle House has been approved.  A willow tree on Clarence gate has fallen and needs to be taken down.  Exposed dustbins on Clarence Gate were discussed but neither FP or the RPRA have any jurisdiction to get them removed. Access to Repton Park from The Avenue was discussed.  Apparently some 18-20 keys are issued to residents of The Avenue.  PF was asked to find out if The Avenue owners contribute to general maintenance of the development through their service charges.

Chair ReportThe sad news regarding the death of Brian Lindsey was discussed and all asked PJ to offer our sincere condolences and sympathy to Brian’s wife.  After PJ has discussed with Brian’s wife, it was agreed that a tree and plaque would be planted in memory of Brian who has been a long standing, hardworking member of the RPRA.

Minutes of previous meetings – The minutes were agreed as a true and accurate reflection, proposed by DM and seconded by PJ.

Treasurers Report – FR not at meeting but finances will be same as at last meeting – FR has resigned as Treasurer and committee member were tasked with finding a replacement.  ET had a suggestion and will approach the individual.

Secretary’s Report – PJ has also decided to stand down as Secretary but will stay on the committee.  AK was proposed and agreed to take on the role of RPRA Secretary with immediate effect.  It was agreed that we probably need a further 2-3 committee members and all were asked to explore options.  The Chair and all committee members thanked PJ for his excellent contribution to the RPRA.

FirstPort – There was a full and frank discussion within the committee regarding the performance of FirstPort as the managing agent.

Matter Arising – There were no other matters arising not covered by the agenda.

AOB – AK raised the subject of Ultrafast Broadband service by means of Fibre to the Premises FTTP.  All the committee could see many benefits of a faster and more reliable broadband services on the development.  AK to draft a proposal and circulate to the committee.

Date of Next meeting

20th April 2021 at 7.30pm

Prepared by Alan Kelly, Secretary RPRA

 

 
Signed as true and accurate minutes

Robert Whitton Chairman

Read More

Update on Fibre to the Premise (FTTP) Broadband – October 2021

Update on Fibre to the Premise (FTTP) Broadband – October 2021

I have received an estimate from Openreach to bring FTTP to Repton Park.  Subject to survey, the cost of providing FTTP to the 63 premises on Repton Park that expressed an interest is circa £350 per household for the installation.  Once installation is completed, residents would be free to choose any service provider such as BT, Sky, Talk-Talk et al at whatever monthly service charges the providers offer.

A firm quotation has been requested from Openreach, at no cost, and they have suggested this will take another month or two.  I have also asked Openreach about any grants that may be available but we do not qualify for any under the current regulations.

I appreciate that circa £350 per property or a total of £22,367, is a large sum of money and may be too high a price for many residents.  I know that some residents would be prepared to contribute such an amount but the costing from Openreach is based upon a minimum number of 63 properties being included in the project.  Last year I obtained some quotes to bring fibre broadband to my house and the installation cost for a single property was in excess of £3,500 and there was also a significant monthly fee.  The Opernreach solution allows us to choose the service provider and the monthly fees are much more reasonable.

I’d be happy to receive any responses as follows:

  • Owners that have registered their interest with me and want to go ahead
  • Owners that have registered their interest with me that are not interested at this cost
  • Owners that have not previously registered their interest that would want to go ahead at this cost (Please provide your name and address).

If anyone has any fund-raising suggestions then please let me know.

 

Alan Kelly, Secretary, RPRA

25 October 2021

Read More

REPTON PARK RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION – COMMITTEE NOMINATION FORM

 REPTON PARK RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2021

Tuesday 16th November 2021 at 8:00 pm

Nomination Form for the RPRA Committee

 

 

CANDIDATE;

NAME

ADDRESS

SIGNATURE

 

NOMINEE;

NAME

ADDRESS

SIGNATURE

 

SECONDER;

NAME

ADDRESS

SIGNATURE

 

In order to submit a valid nomination;

  • A candidate must be a Member of the RPRA
  • A candidate must have a nominee and a seconder each of whom must be qualified to attend and vote at the AGM.

Members wishing to serve on the RPRA Committee including current Committee members should submit their completed nomination to the Secretary no later than seven days before the General Meeting.

Read More

REPTON PARK RESIDENCE ASSOCIATION- AGM PROXY FORM

REPTON PARK RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2020

Tuesday 16th November 2021 at 8:00 pm

PROXY

 

This is to certify that

_________________________________________________________(name(s))

are the Owner(s) or Occupier of __________________________________________________________(address) and a current Member of the Repton Park Residents Association

 

We are unable to attend the meeting and hereby assign our proxy to the Chairman of the Repton Park Residents Association, with full power of substitution, or to Mr./Ms. _________________________________to vote on my/our behalf on all matters presented for a vote at the subject meeting, and only at this meeting.

 

Date: ______________________

 

Signatures (required to be valid):

 

Owner/Occupier: ___________________________________

 

Note: Proxy forms must be properly completed to be deemed valid. The RPRA is entitled to reject a proxy appointment if the secretary or other officer or agent authorized to tabulate votes, acting in good faith, has reasonable basis for doubt about the validity of the signature on it or about the signatory’s authority to sign for the member. This proxy may be withdrawn at any time before the meeting is adjourned.

  • Please ensure printed names (above) are legible.
  • A signature (including electronic) is required.
  • Proxy Vote must be delivered to the Secretary at least 24 hours prior to the Annual General Meeting.

Read More